Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fire at Point Cabrillo


Click HERE to view photo larger in gallery along with others from this trip

Back at Point Cabrillo on the Mendocino coast.

Nothing too exciting on this trip, except the photos of course (hopefully). Weather said 40% chance of rain which also meant 60% chance no rain but with maybe some cloud action. The tide was low this time and no wind which was a nice change. It allowed me to get lower on the rocks where some Sea Palms were growing. The sky changed color and dynamics about three times while I was here as you can see in the other photos uploaded into the gallery on my website (9 photos total from this trip).

When the sun finally went down and I made my way back to lighthouse area a wild goose met me in the parking lot. I really do mean it when I say it met me, it walked straight up to me quacking softly and let me get within about a foot distance. We stood there for a moment exchanging pleasantries and then as I continued on he started following about three feet behind me. He followed me for about 100 yards. Each time I would stop and turn around he would only let me get within about a foot away but continued to follow as I walked along. Finally he took off and circled me a few times and then left. I wonder if he lost his group, or gaggle as they're called.








No comments: