Saturday, June 13, 2009

Emplazamiento Del Mar

Emplazamiento Del Mar
(The Summons of the Sea)
to see larger click here

There was a weekend where the weather wasn't any good for going out for photos so I went thru some folders of photos from past trips. This is from last year (feb '08) at the Mendocino Headlands. I don't know why I did not process this on earlier. I've been back here many times but have not gotten quite this dramatic of skies since. I stayed here on this rock until I could hardly see anymore. It made for an interesting trip back to the shore while trying not to fall in. This is the same spot as my "Hesitant Beckon" shot. The ocean sure was summoning and beckoning me. It draws you in but getting too close certainly lets you know how powerful it is.
The Natives are Restless

These are native grasses on the banks of Detert Reservoir which is across from the winery formerly known as Guenoc but is now called Langtry Estate.

When Goodbye means Hello

Some people feel sunsets make them sad as if it's the end to something. Certainly it's the end of the day but for me, when I say goodbye to the last bit of light from a beautiful sunset, I'm saying hello to another possibly beautiful day with it's own unique sunset. This also is on the banks of Detert Reservoir



Hello Again
to see larger click here

My case in point. This is from the same spot the next evening. Another goodbye, another hello.


No comments: